Friday, October 10, 2008

Sydney Fluffs Pillows

About a month ago, we (correction, my husband) started letting the girls sleep downstairs at night. I didn't like it because it was Sydney who stayed downstairs and she is truly our watch dog. If my watch dog is downstairs napping, who is watching out...

So we have tried to get her to stay upstairs now but the dog beds we currently have are pretty flimsy. I got them in a Friday After Thanksgiving sale as a trial basis. I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case the girls wouldn't like them. Well, they liked them. Addy continues not to be bothered by it too much. But it is Sydney, who apparently needs more cushion. She is constantly pawing at the bed or, as I like to call it, fluffs her pillow so it will be thicker. Thicker I am assuming means more comfortable. (I find all of this funny b/c they are in the cage all day long with only a blanket. Can that be comfortable?)

Last night was GREAT Sydney fluffing. I did some fall cleaning Monday night and a pile of clothes stacked up to be taken to Goodwill. (Yes, I realize that last night was Thursday and I still haven't moved the pile of clothes. However, my laziness has now resulted in this episode with Sydney so I think it is completely justified.) Tuesday morning, I woke up to find Sydney laying in the middle of the piles of clothes. This is not what I expected. Wednesday night - same thing. I assumed the clothes must be more comfortable than her bed. We never saw Sydney lay on the clothes until that morning. She would start off on her bed and then move to the clothes in the middle of the night.

Last night, different story. It was late when we all moved upstairs because I had to watch the SNL last night after Grey's and ER. Sydney goes to lie on the pillow but apparently that isn't working so she gets up and moves to the clothes. Now the clothes are strewn apart b/c of the activities of the last 2 nights. Sydney can't get enough to fluff. She spends 2-3 minutes fluffing the clothes, turning around in circles, fluffing some, more ciricles, fluffing some more and so on. You could see her get frustrated. She laid down at one point and got right back up. I guess because she hadn't fluffed the clothes enough. My husband took pity on her and created a big pile of clothes for her. Well, that wasn't getting enough either because that resulted in clothes, literally, flying 3 feet out of her way.

Finally, we just had to tell her to lay down, which she did. However, I have a good feeling she was fluffing throughout the night because she was in a different spot when I woke up this morning than where she was last night.

I have got to get her a new bed.

No comments: