Friday, September 19, 2008

144 Hours

I posted earlier that we had a bit of a wind storm here. Well, we are going on 144 hours of not having electricity. Saying it is an inconvenience is slightly understating the problem. They project that everyone will be up by Saturday Midnight. I don't know if that means tonight or early Sunday morning. I am hoping that means tonight.

Sydney and Addy are affected by it as well. The first couple of days they stuck pretty close to us when we were getting ready in the morning with flashlights. Sydney knew something was a little off. Since we have been hanging out with friends, family and at restaurants - where they have electricity - the girls have been in their cages a lot more than usual. It also gets darker earlier - with no electricity - so their sleep patterns, and subsequently mine, are all off.

I knew something was wrong when I fell asleep on the coach the night before. Both of the dogs want to be up on the coach with me but Addy will be next to me and Sydney will be on the other end of the coach, needing her space. Well, Sydney came up and laid as close to me as she could, almost on top of me. She hasn't done that since she was a puppy. Addy would beg to lay near me and Sydney will usually acquiesce...not last night.

Then this morning, they got into the dog food - again. Now, they will sometimes get into the food when we put a new bag in the food bin because the food is right on top. But that is the only time. So when they got into the food this morning, I knew they were acting out to all of our routine changes.

Therefore, I will be very glad when we get the lights back on so we can all get back to our 'normal' routines.

No comments: