Monday, September 15, 2008

We Survived the Storm

Well, we survived the storm that hit the midwest. We still do not have electricity. Sydney and Addy definitely thought it was weird when we were getting ready this morning in the dark.

As I have written in previous blogs here and here, Sydney does not like storms nor rain. Sydney did pretty well yesterday. With wind gusts close to 80 miles an hour, she was really spooked I think at the sounds of the wind and all the trees waving around. She would approach the door but when I would open it to go outside, she ran downstairs. But was attentive and alert, not hiding under anything.

Addy, on the other hand, was the explorer. Every time I went outside, she went with me. She canvassed the yard checking out all of the limbs that were down and all of the smells that had been picked up. When I was outside without her, she become more agitated and whined to get out. She was definitely my brave puppy yesterday.

This article on MSNBC is pretty timely regarding yesterday. It is a superman-like cape that is supposed to disperse the electricity that a dog feels when a storm is coming on. I think Sydney responds more to the noise than the electricity in the air (especially after her reaction yesterday). The Storm Defender is definitely something to look into for future storms.

No comments: