Friday, September 5, 2008

Rainy Day

Thank goodness for the rain today. My yard & garden desperately need the rain. It is great to feel the cool weather that the rain is bringing in too.

Sydney does not like the rain. She will not go out in it at all. I suspect she some how associates rain with thunder. As you might remember, Sydney does not like thunder. So this morning, like every morning, she is the first up the stairs to go out. She is at the door, moved the curtains out of the way and is fogging up the door because her nose is plastered to the door. She can't wait to out....that is until I open the door.

Addy bounds ahead of her, almost jumping over the top of her to get out (the girl has to go). Sydney lowers her head and starts sniffing. Then when she realizes it is raining, she tucks her tail and quickly gets away from the door before I can push her out!

Addy, who loves anything to do with water, is out there for her normal time and then barks to come back in. Poor Sydney, she just stares out the door. Looks at me occasionally kinda of like 'can you do something about this?'. Wish I could. I open the door but she still refuses to go out. I know she needs to 'go' because she hasn't been outside the house in over 12 hours!!!

I finally have to start getting ready while she sits staring out the door. I am eventually able to get her outside, ok, push her outside, when the rain lets up a little bit. She was perfectly fine when she came back in.

Another reason today was a good rainy day, Addy slept in until the alarm went off this morning. That, in and of itself, is a true miracle!

No comments: