Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How Addy Got Her Name

A couple of blogsago, I introduced Addy. How Addy got her name is as good of a story as how Sydney got her name.



We already had Sydney and I wanted a name that went along with Sydney. Once again, I googled 'Sydney' to come up with a duo or anything that was related to Sydney. I was hoping for great heroes in history or famous street corner or even a bank robbing duo. However, the only thing that came up when I googled 'Sydney' as Sydney, Australia.

I finally caved in and started looking at cities in Australia. The cities of Melbourne, Brisbane, Wagga Wagga, Perth and many others came up in the search. But I couldn't see myself calling a dog Melly, Bris, Wagga or Perthy.



I did find the city of Adelaide. I loved the name Adelaide; my husband hated it. I could not convince him of Adelaide, no matter how hard I tried. So, in an epiphany, I came up with shortening Adelaide - to Addy.

My husband was fine with that and we went with it. Now she goes by 'Ad', 'AddyBear' and 'Baby Girl'. I have been asked before, when I am introducing the girls, if I am from Australia. No, but my Australia friends love the connection!

No comments: